Monday, January 18, 2010

Zombies

For reasons that remain mysterious to his wife, Blake LOVES Zombies.


Last Halloween Blake geeked out about a guest on a podcast he subscribes to who was a Zombie expert. The guest talked about this history of Zombies and Zombie lore. Blake was enthralled.

He also loves Zombie movies and Zombie video games.


Occasionally, he will try to engage me in a hypothetical conversation about how we would survive a Zombie apocalypse. I don't even attempt to play along, because I don't know how and also because I don't think I could possibly care less about Zombie lore or a hypothetical Zombie apocalypse (I'm so unfamiliar that I had to learn how to spell "apocalypse" in order to write this post). However, in the spirit of giving and as my 6th day of Blake gift, I will attempt to explain how I see Blake and I surviving a Zombie apocalypse.


Um . . . how do Zombie stories start? (Insert typical beginning here.)

Blake will realize that a Zombie apocalypse is underway and will be somewhat excitedly putting his carefully crafted plan into place. There will likely be a stockpile of guns involved and maybe an axe or two. We will undoubtedly take refuge in the mall around the corner from our house. I know this is a good place to increase your chances of survival during a Zombie apocalypse because there are lots of supplies inside--food, clothing, weaponry--and has lots of locking doors to keep Zombies at bay should they make it inside the mall. (Blake taught me that!)

Being completely ignorant (almost) of all things Zombie, I will likely make some kind of rookie mistake and become a victim of the Zombies. I will somehow trick Blake into letting me bite him or have access to his brains. This shouldn't be too difficult, because I currently bite to show my love AND whenever we say the same thing at the same time we joke about being in each others' brains. So, I would just have to anticipate what Blake might be thinking or feeling and thus give myself access to his brains. Once I have turned him into a Zombie, we will live Zombily ever after in Bloomingdales.

2 comments:

  1. Darn, I'm too slow, that or taking too many vacations. This is what I was going to email you about. My first in person experience with Blake was at Chidsey's Halloween party, when the three of us sat on the couch and watched, on mute, a Zombie movie and Blake totally impressed me with his Zombie knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post ever! That of course being said in my best Simpsons Comic-Book Guy voice.
    Seriously though, I do love zombies. But as I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2, I find myself wondering why my little group of survivors is struggling so hard against such insurmountable odds to survive. It'd probably be much much easier to just embrace the inevitable and let my baby into my brains!
    Let's grow mold together, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete