Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Chainsaw Massacre . . . well, incident

Injury stories are always nice. In my family, the story of how my Grandpa Hook lost his hand (which was later replaced by a hook, obviously) was a family favorite.

In Blake's family the injury story that I've heard repeated is the chainsaw incident. Not having been there, I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Feel free to add info or set the record straight in the comments.

When Blake was about 15, he and his older brother were in the backyard with a chainsaw. I believe Ian was cutting a slice off the end of a log or stump to make a table or something. Blake's help was enlisted to steady the log. Somehow a lack of communication and planning and thinking resulted in the chainsaw and Blake's hand meeting, and it wasn't pretty. Sorry, no pics on this one. I guess Blake was too busy bleeding and Ian was too busy driving Blake to the hospital for them to stop and record anything for posterity.

Blake almost his thumb, and has some pretty cool looking scars across his right palm.

Again, I'm fuzzy on the details, but Arby's was involved somehow. Maybe that's what Blake wanted to eat when it was all said and done. (?)

So, let that be a lesson to you: Don't play with chainsaws. But if you do, bring a camera and stop for curly fries on the way home.

2 comments:

  1. Well, That's pretty much how it happened. The only thing left to say is that after seeing so much blood we opted not to ask for extra Arby's sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we're really learning from this and the previous post is that I was a pretty accident prone youngster. If my kids are anything like me, I'm gonna need lots of good medical insurance!

    ReplyDelete