
He's the little guy on the left of Eeyore.

He's working so hard to get the sword out of the stone! Blake's mom said they had to stay around for about an hour because Blake was just sure he was going to be the one to do it. Can you see the determination and excitement on his face? It just delights me!

Blake loved his Mickey Mouse sweatshirt. His parents say he practically lived in it for a whole year. This picture is from Blake's 4th birthday. His parents drove all over the Salt Lake Valley looking for a Mickey Mouse cake mold. They found one and baked this cake at home for him. Blake's brother Trevor was born that same night. (That's right, they share a birthday.) When we look at this picture or talk about his birthday, Blake always points out that his parents did all this for him while preparing for a new baby. He speaks with awe about how his mom baked and decorated a special cake for him on the same day that she gave birth to his brother. He knew he was loved.
Disneyland is still magical to me after all of these years. And yes, I still try to pull the sword from the stone. And I still secretly hope that one day I'll pull it free!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that little tribute to the greatness of my parents is very touching. I really do think it was beyond sweet of them to ensure that I had a happy birthday while they were ready to give birth to Trev. Just wow.
ReplyDeleteI love them very much, and am lucky to have them for parents.